What is the Waterlase MDTM device?
The Waterlase MD™ is a revolutionary dental device that uses a combination of laser energy and water, (a process called HydroPhotonics™) to perform many traditional dental procedures with less anesthetic.
What does the patient typically experience with Waterlase MD™?
Waterlase MD™ reduces patient anxiety, minimizes pain and trauma, and creates a more comfortable experience for patients.
Benefits of Waterlase MD™
- Many procedures performed with the Waterlase MD™ do not require shots or anesthetic, eliminating a major source of patient anxiety and creating a more relaxing experience.
- Patients typically experience less bleeding, swelling, post-op discomfort and require less pain medication.
- Procedures that once took several appointments to complete, such as restorations in multiple quadrants, can now be finished in just one visit.
- A better bonding surface for restorations is created.
- Children’s procedures such as cavity preparations, caries removal, lingual frenectomies (due to speech barriers), and maxillary frenectomies require little or no injection anesthetic.
How does Waterlase MD™ help dentists increase precision and conserve tooth structure?
The precision and accuracy of the Waterlase MD™ allows dentists to treat targeted areas of tooth structure and soft tissue, while maintaining the structural integrity of the tooth and leaving surrounding areas unaffected.
Studies have shown that the Waterlase MD™ is less invasive and less traumatic than the drill, scalpel or electrosurge. Less invasive means more conservation of tooth structure and tissue.
Click here to visit Waterlase MD website.